Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Trump assaulted two women
(10-17-2016, 12:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Outstanding, but I am here to warn you: You're failure to embellish what was said and/or jump to conclusion will not be looked upon by some as being objective. 

And in fairness to 6andcounting the reporting by the New York Times was sloppy. He quoted the Times, but not the victim. NYT used the phrase, "Trump lifted the arm rest," but the victim did not. So, shitty reporting and the editor should be all over the person who wrote the story.

That being said, it is kind of like a scenario like this. Lefty robs liquor stores in my neighborhood. Everyone in town knows it because Lefty brags about robbing liquor stores, he's been arrested for robbing liquor stores, he's been convicted of robbing liquor stores. Everyone in town also knows various other things about this local character, Lefty. In addition to robbing liquor stores Lefty always wears Nikes and he drinks Diet Coke. A stranger moves to town and he gets a job in a local liquor store. In walks Lefty and he follows his usual modus operand. He goes to the cooler, grabs a Diet Coke and waits for the store to clear out. Then he calmly walks up, pulls a gun, and robs the clerk. The next day there is a story circulating around town that the cops are looking for Lefty in connection with the robbery. But in his statement to the cops, the clerk described the perpetrator as someone who looked just like Lefty, wearing Nikes, and stated the guy calmly walked up to the counter with a Coke in his hand and pulled a gun. Would you expect people to say this? "Oh, busted! No way that was Lefty - everyone knows he drinks Diet Coke! That clerk is lying!"
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Trump assaulted two women - xxlt - 10-15-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: NYT: Trump assaulted two women - xxlt - 10-17-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: NYT: Trump assaulted two women - xxlt - 10-18-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: NYT: Trump assaulted two women - xxlt - 10-18-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: NYT: Trump assaulted two women - xxlt - 10-18-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: NYT: Trump assaulted two women - xxlt - 10-15-2016, 10:10 AM