Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social media in the 2016 election
Perception is reality. And, our perception is always being manipulated, this is just the latest incarnation.

Sadly, it makes the people who deny what appears to be reality and indisputable facts look sane®.

Allegedly a former CIA director said something like this, "When nothing anyone in America believes is the truth, our disinformation campaign will be complete." I have a friend who likes to reference that quote. I kind of believe, based on what I know about the CIA that it is a real quote from a CIA director. But I don't know.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but wonder what people think about that alleged statement and about the social media illusions.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scoail media in the 2016 election - xxlt - 10-18-2016, 10:24 AM