Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(10-18-2016, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I am not "reasoning" (think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic) God, not sure how you could possibly infer that from my points.

Also, I've already explaining the Trinity to you (3 beings as one); although you may not see the exact phrase in any scripture.

Paul wrote many letters and many biblical disagree with the content of a few if not most. Also many consider the book of James (no excuses read 'em) a counter to this. Paul was just a man acting on his interpretation of the words and his teachings.
The question was ironic. No I do not think you are forming judgments by a process of logic.  (Not a slam, just a description. You are discussing the matter civilly and I respect your views (and you for expressing them), even if I contest them.)

If you claim the Trinity is referenced throughout the Bible, then we ought to see some clear mentions in the Old Testament. And claiming three beings are one doesn't explain much. The "trinity" solution to the problem of Jesus' materiality/spirituality is a specifically Greek solution, based upon a world view which emerges AFTER most of the Old Testament is written.  

Paul saw the danger to the faith if Christianity is every individual's opinion of Christianity. Christianity=whatever.
The problem becomes more acute when Christians hold state power and turn their definitions' on pagans and heretics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - Dill - 10-18-2016, 03:20 PM