Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany
OK, Mr. other Mike M, you pin me to some extreme positions I never took, and that is not quite fair game. I did not claim everything was "honky donk", for example. But I'm tired of writing "I never said that", and it seems pointless to clarify or continue this line of debate. You seem enraged and in contradiction mood, but I am not up for that. I'm not for a wall, I'm for allowing Syrian refugees in, I call claims that German cities have turned into Baghdad at the height of the crisis awful lies; I tried to explai my reasoning, let's leave it at that for now. No novellas.

Let me instead just ask you two things I'm really curious about. Hope you don't Trump out of it.

First question.
You link to a site called shftplan.com. A site where I found claims that the US will use ISIS fighters to bring down Assad. Or, for heaven's sake, the Article "United Nations Soldier Says They Will Soon Occupy America: “Going Door-to-Door Taking Guns Or Shooting To Kill” .
I can't quite wrap my head around that.
You call the "regular" media biased, and fair enough, stay critical. But then you link to sites like these, where there is bias without any journalistic integrity. Doesn't that bother you? Using a source full of doomsday prognosis and dark conspiracies (and utter stupidity) as source to undermine your point?
Do you really think there is any credibility, any untold truth expected to be found on sites like that? A truth that politics, and the media, and experts, and scientists, fail to see or more likely keep secret from you?
And if so, I guess my question would be: why?
Because to me it always seems in some respect you want them to be credible. For it sure is not quite reasonable to do so without a certain will behind it.

Second question.
Concerning Syrian refugees. When I address the aspect that refugees are fleeing war and destruction and are in immediate need of help to survive - an aspect you always left out in your responses: Does that factor into your thoughts in any respect? Do you feel some empathy and maybe even some kind of moral obligation as a wealthy country to help fellow human beings?
Now I don't ask for quantities of help (I myself said repeatedly that I am all for capping immigration at some point). I just ask if it's a part of your thought process. 

And one clarification:

(10-17-2016, 07:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Wow, talking about drugs and human trafficking coming over the Mexican border is now considered hate speech.
No it isn't.
(10-16-2016, 02:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And  you're right, we have a different waves of people coming over our borders, they are trafficking drugs and humans. 
THAT is.
There is an important difference.

And just to clarify, I didn't mean to call you hateful, just that some things you say might be considered hateful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany - hollodero - 10-18-2016, 04:35 PM