Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(10-18-2016, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And yet; unfortunately, for some reason, this is in the too hard to do block for many.

You are not the first to have questions or doubts. These questions have been asked and attempted to be answered for years; doubtfully a couple guys on a sports message board are going to find the definitive answer.

But if you want to read I recommend John Hick's views on St Augustine and St Irenaean

"Just believe" in Scientology is the "too hard to do block" for you. Matter of fact, it is the too hard to do block with you and all religions except for one. Which means you and I agree on the vast majority of religions with one lone exception. 

With all the different religions throughout history, how do you know the one religion you believe is the one true religion as it claims and not some elaborate deception by Satan to condemn your soul for believing in the wrong one?  The answer of course is faith. Just like every other adherent of every other religion. Is there a religion out there that doesn't ask for us to believe?

That's a lot of pressure. Better choose correctly. We all know humans are fallible. Look what happened to Eve with the serpent. 

I have trouble picking a health insurance policy which only affects me for one year. They are a helluva lot more simple than religion. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-18-2016, 05:27 PM