Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany
(10-18-2016, 07:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If you would've read the article, instead of other articles posted by then, then you would've noticed there were 2 links to other sites, one being where the raw data actually came from. instead, you wasted a lot of time trying to figure out the bias of the site.

Not quite a lot of time, actually.

And there is no reading necessary, for I do not dispute that walls "work". We had a Berlin wall, and boy this one worked. I do not disagree that fences hinder Syrian refugees from entering, and I also never claimed a wall is totally ineffective. Of course it is somehow effective.
And of course much more so in Europe and regarding refugees, for we do not hand out visas to them so they could enter anyway (if we would, things would be quite different).
There's really no point to undermine.
And no article from right-wing hate sites ever will undermine a point.

I checked the links, one leads to yet another right-wing site (albeit being a little less doomsday focused, rather linking Hillary to organ trafficking and then some stuff) - and the other to an Hungarian chart I couldn't quite read for, well, it's in Hungarian. Again, the fence sure does work here, I didn't dispute that in the first place.

Now refugees try to cross the Mediterrean instead. And die trying in large numbers, a tragedy. One that does not bother you, obviously.

(10-18-2016, 07:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No I do not factor that in anymore than you factor in the fact that we have our own war refugees showing up at the Mexican border, and large numbers of unaccompanied children. Are we supposed to turn them away so we can help the migrant problem in Europe?

No, please, grant them asylum, be decent and do not turn them away. You did some good with child refugees especially back in '14, there's no dispute. If there is a comparable wave of South American war refugees, please, we won't say any more then.
So let's just see if the numbers compare.

In FY 2015, 69,933 individuals arrived in the United States as refugees, according to data from the State Department’s Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS). This is very close to the number of refugees resettled in 2013 (69,926) and 2014 (69,987), but 20 percent higher than the 2012 total. Source.

- So 70.000 approx. in 2015, although there are reports that that number will sharply decrease in 2016. And btw. these are mostly not from your hemisphere.

In 2013 (there seems to be no more actual data) you granted 25.199 people asylum, so it's fair to assume 50% tops are admitted, just like in Europe.

So what about Europe?

Regarding 2015 alone: "Large numbers of refugees cross into the EU and by August there are 313,000 asylum applications across Europe. The largest numbers are recorded in Germany with over 89,000, and Sweden with over 62,000. More than 100,000 refugees cross into the EU in July,[100] and by September over 8,000 refugees cross daily. " (wikipedia)

Sweden had a total of 163.000 asylum applications in 2015. Germany had 442.000. Hungary over 150.000. Austria and Italy around 90.000, France over 50.000. Source.
In 2016 the number of asylum seekers is estimated to increase by 40%.

There are an estimated 4.8 million syrian refugees registered in March 2016. Up to right now, you took a whopping 14.473 Syrian refugees in altogether. Less than Belgium, Bulgaria, Armenia and a lot of other quite tiny countries.
Now sure, you can use your "we take care of other refugees" logic, it's just that the numbers don't really add up. When you compare bad to Sweden (less than 1/30 of US population) or my small country regarding total asylum applications, you can't quite make this case.

(10-18-2016, 07:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: You know who you should be thanking for your migrant problems? Obama and Hillary, but oddly enough, you want us to elect Hillary to be POTUS? Why because she will just keep effing things up over there?

Oh yes, I'm aware, I am not a Hillary fan. I have no reason to trust grabby Donald any more than her, though. No reason whatsoever.
But you're right, this Syria crisis to some part is your mess. It's not a partisan issue, you effed it up, George Bush did, Hillary and Obama (albeit to a lesser extent, but let's skip the details) kept doing it. And since it's an US mess (and not a "democratic" or "republican" mess), you as US might as well take at least some responsibility for that mess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany - hollodero - 10-19-2016, 05:04 AM