Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social media in the 2016 election
(10-19-2016, 07:36 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Is there a difference between a mass spam email and a personal email someone wrote themselves?

Is there a difference between calling 1-800 number and getting a) an automated system (bots) b) Someone from a 3rd world country who can't speak much English and can only communicate to you via the script their given (CTR trolls) 3) Someone who is knowledgeable about the topic of you questions and is able to give you specific help based on exactly what you say (centipedes)?

In regards to this discussion, no, there is no difference. The manipulation of public opinion with misinformation is what we are discussing here, and all of those things are being used to do so. They are tools for manipulating public opinion. One is not better than the other from an ethical standpoint and whether this will continue to be the norm, which is what this discussion is about.

Also, thanks for the laugh. The centipedes being knowledgeable was hilarious. Don't get me wrong, there is a lack of knowledge all along the political spectrum. I just laugh at those that think their side actually has a better understanding of it than the other as I watch them all suckle at the teat of elite influence.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Social media in the 2016 election - Belsnickel - 10-19-2016, 09:24 AM