Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany
(10-18-2016, 04:07 PM)Dill Wrote: You see no analogy between serial American rapes and the local reaction against Americans in Japan, on the one hand,
and a handful of refugee rapes driving moral panic against Middle easterners in Europe, on the other?

A tangent of "individuals" creating individual tragedies in the former, while in the latter there is a valid connection between rape and massive fear of invading OTHERS?

100+ Bona fide Christian natural born Austrians are also raping other Austrians every year.
But you add a few incidents, or attempted incidents, to the rape of a boy last year, and appear ready to support the moral panic the radical right in the US and Europe is orchestrating at the moment

Austrian women and boys BEWARE?!?!  And Americans pay attention or we could be next?

Your few incidents stretched over two or three years may be statistically irrelevant to total Austrian rapes.

Here is the link for 2013 stats you asked for. Scroll down to P 5.   
"Vergewaltung" = rape.     "Anzeigen" = complaint.    "Verurteilung" = conviction.

http://www.frauennotrufe.at/cms/images/stories/ZAHLENDATENFAKTENzuSexuellerGewaltSeptember2014.pdf

I also saw a pdf with criminal stats from 2015, but the sex crime stats are not disaggregated.  Overall, crime has been dropping in Austria.  For all crimes: 35,000+ convictions in 2012 to 32,000+ in 2015.

Perhaps the arrival of all these mostly peaceful foreigners is skewing the stats downward?

Thanks for the site, I will check it out in my spare time.

Yes, the analogy is different, the US Military in Japan, they are legally there to do a job. They have a place to stay, food and money, once the job is done, they will return to the US. Once the Military and Japan work something out about the rapes, hopefully, that will be the end of it.

The Migrants have no job, no money and are waiting on the local government(s) to supply them with shelter, money and food, they will most likely not return to their home country once the war is over. In the meantime, what are they going to do for money?  Steal from the Locals?

How you can say these 2 sets of circumstances are the same is beyond me.

However, it is amusing that some Japanese want the Troops out, while some citizens of the countries where the migrants have made their home want them out as well. But I don't think that was your point.

Spare the rhetoric.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Huge Podesta Email regarding immigration in Germany - Mike M (the other one) - 10-19-2016, 02:31 PM