Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(07-14-2015, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why do they have to last long?  You buy enough for a few days and then go buy more.And I didn't even mention rice and dried beans.  Those last forever.

I get the feel fuller, and everything.  I'm just saying you can eat healthily, and it isn't this ridiculous price to buy frutis and vegetables.  Potatoes, eggs and bread.

My wife and I both work.  She is borderline diabetic...I am in good health (knock on wood).

The way we get paid we have a check come in once a week.

We go grocery shopping about once a week.  For a family of four (plus our daughter's boyfriend a few days a week) its easily over $125 a trip.  And that doesn't include the little trips in between when we run out of that thing we thought we had or need something different we forgot.

Food still goes bad.  Even with the best intentions things don't get eaten in time.  Fruit, bread, lunch meat...whatever.

Potatoes are a good buy.  They last, they have multiple uses and are filling.  Eggs can last quite a while too.

So imagine the guy getting paid every two weeks, or once a month.  Whether they are on food stamps or working (usually its both).  You need something that will last a month.  Crackers, processed food, pasta.  Lots of canned goods.  Not really a healthy bounty to pick from in that case.

Add to that that most people are smart about their food choices because they need to be quick and cheap and you have a recipe for obesity and health issues.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - GMDino - 07-14-2015, 04:38 PM