Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top cop sorry for 'historical mistreatment' of minorities
(10-19-2016, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Hmm, there really should be someone digging into this more, and I have no doubt there is. It's likely it is sitting in a library somewhere as someone's dissertation and has never seen the light of day beyond the review committee.

I'd be very confident that one has been done.  I'd also point out the following; when people think of crime they always think of street crime.  You'll get more prison time for stealing $10 with a gun than stealing $10,000,000 with a pen.  One could certainly argue, and I'd agree, that the "white collar" criminal actually does more damage to their victims and possibly society as a whole.  But people are always more fearful of, and demand greater action against, street level crime.  This further contributes to the higher level of drug related arrests for lower income offenders.  It's another reason why I hate when burglary is referred to as a non-violent crime.  IMO it causes far more psychological damage, and monetary loss, to have your home burglarized than have a guy rob you on the street.  Plus the potential for violence during a home burglary is immense.

I wish you guys knew how frustrating it is to be a professional in a field subject to so much amateur debate and argument.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top cop sorry for 'historical mistreatment' of minorities - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-19-2016, 02:57 PM