Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(07-14-2015, 04:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....not condoning, or bashing Bernie......but that is a total myth perpetuated by certain sects of the food industry to sell product to concerned diabetics.  Just ask my endocrinologist......I did.  Like I said earlier, I thought I was doing good by eating "whole grain", turns out, I wasn't.  I was eating as healthy as anyone could, following my medicinal regimen......A1C was still climbing.  After consulting with him, I cut out carbs totally for a couple of months, my A1C dropped three points, and I lost 22 pounds.  I indulge in "whole grain" carbs once or twice a week (usually oatmeal, and croutons in my salads), but that's it.  I've had a box of wheat crackers for over four months, I used to eat at least half of a sleeve of them in a bowl of soup.  I couldn't tell you the last time I had any pasta.......

(07-14-2015, 04:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: 45-50 grams of carbs per 3/4 cup serving......ouch!

Your problem with carbs is from your diabetes, not the inherent evilness of carbs. Whole grains might not be the answer for your condition, but wholes grains are right for most people.

I had oatmeal and whole grain waffles for breakfast nearly every morning while I was cutting and lost just over 30 pounds from February to June. Putting aside that I probably shouldn't have got to the point to where I need to lose 30 pounds for my cut LOL, I've been eating an insane amount of oatmeal, waffles, beans, sweet potatoes and so forth the past 6 weeks and only added a few pounds.

Whatever has been working for you is great, but I don't want you to scare others away from carbs. It's definitely possible to cut fat without coming close to cutting out carbs from your diet.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - 6andcounting - 07-14-2015, 04:48 PM