Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously
(10-19-2016, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then post the numbers to prove your point.

What group of people are you claiming possess illegal drugs but don't use them?  Whites?  Blacks?
I am not arguing statistics about who uses illegal drugs. I am questioning why it is bad to direct limited resources towards demographics (and that doesn't have to mean a minority group) who may commit larger or more dangerous crimes..

You can possess with intent to distribute....drug dealer/mule...usually larger amounts of illegal drugs in their possession.
You can possess for your own personal use...usually small amounts in their possession.

My point was that if the profile for mules/dealers was a certain demographic, then why not check them out when stopped for another offense?

You said blacks and whites use equally. I don't think people should be stopped randomly because they think they may possess a joint. But if they think they may possess a couple kilos, and fit the profile of people who typically deal or carry large amounts, then I don't have a problem with them being inconvenienced for a bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I Have Trouble Taking BLM Seriously - Beaker - 10-19-2016, 05:44 PM