Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(07-14-2015, 04:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Your problem with carbs is from your diabetes, not the inherent evilness of carbs.  Whole grains might not be the answer for your condition, but wholes grains are right for most people.

I had oatmeal and whole grain waffles for breakfast nearly every morning while I was cutting and lost just over 30 pounds from February to June. Putting aside that I probably shouldn't have got to the point to where cutting around 12% BF was 30 pounds LOL, I've been eating an insane amount of oatmeal, waffles, beans, sweet potatoes and so forth the past 6 weeks and only added a few pounds.

Whatever has been working for you is great, but I don't want you to scare others away from carbs. It's definitely possible to cut fat without coming close to cutting out carbs from your diet.

Right.....but you can get carbs from fruits and vegetables too.....carbs that break down slower and don't lead to blood sugar spikes.

I was headed for type II at some point in my life, it was pretty much inevitable.  That said, I have no doubt that I exacerbated the issue by over indulging on carbs from breads, etc.  Sandwiches were my go to, and noodles were a staple......we won't even get into the mass amounts of hops and barley LOL, and I used to smoke, which no doubt affects it.  My parents, grandparents, nor my parents' siblings have/had it.  However, it ran rampant elsewhere on both sides of the family.  I was unaware, or I could have staved it off by adjusting my diet.  My brother also has it.  Moderation is the key here, like with anything.  Now, granted, I have to watch the carb intake way more than you......but everyone should be watching the source of their carbohydrates, and overall intake.  An overabundance can lead to type II.

I played sports, I am 6' 2" and weighed around 210 pounds when I came down with it.  I played sports all through school, and became an avid hiker in college.  I even played intramural sports a little in college.  I firmly believe that my diet hastened my contraction of diabetes, coupled with a failure to monitor (I didn't go to doctors....no blood, no foul, bravado bullshit....I know).  I'm not trying to scare folks from carbs, I'm just making them aware of where they can come from, and that you might get more than you are bargaining for when you think you are eating healthy.

We eat low fat.....the unfortunate way I found out I was diabetic was by clogging off the circumflex at 32 years of age.  I don't recommend it!!!!!  Still, cutting out *processed* carbs from my diet 100% for a while, then re-introducing them to my diet at a far reduced value, enabled me to drop 22 pounds very quickly.....and 31 overall.  I'm back down to 218 as we type......I played football in high school at 200.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-14-2015, 05:07 PM