Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument
(10-19-2016, 10:32 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Okay lets step away from the bible for a second and think about this in "real world" terms.

Lets say you tell someone "I'll be nice to you if you give me a glass of chocolate milk". This person then comes back to you with a glass of chocolate milk, and as a result you start being nice to them.

Did the person bringing you the chocolate milk FORCE you to be nice to them?
I don't think you have much of a point here.

Okay let's step back to the Bible for a second and think of this in Biblical terms.

Let's say you are God and you tell someone "I'll give you eternal salvation if you recognize me as the one true God obey my many commands and if you don't you will burn in hell forever."  The person then agrees to believe you are the one true God and obey your laws.

Does the person obeying your laws for fear of eternal damnation "force" you to be nice.

HELL NO!  Because you are the almighty. No one forces you to do anything. No higher authority.

And then just to as fine a point as possible on your almightyness, you choose not to "elect" him into heaven anyway, because you are who you are and your actions are just whether you keep your word or not.

And the person can't complain because the creation does not judge his creator, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Pharaoh, Exodus, God, and the Meme that started an argument - Dill - 10-19-2016, 07:29 PM