Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Presidential Debate Reactions
(10-20-2016, 09:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Here was my biggest takeaway from Clinton... And I pick on her more because she has the higher likeliness of being elected.

Free collage education to all families making under $125,000
Not going to add a penny to deficit 
Not going to raise taxes

How?

I file this under "campaign promises" and don't think it can ever happen. But for the sake of discussion she has proposed raising taxes. Something many officials are afraid to do.

But, again, I think this is a pipe dream.

(10-20-2016, 09:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Additionally, Since everyone is going to be educated who is going to work the manufacturing lines, trade, skill, etc when we bring those jobs back to America?  Surely it's not going to take a bachelors degree to weld?  

I agree. If a plan like hers or Sanders' applied to trade schools I'd be behind it a LOT more.

(10-20-2016, 09:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: When I connect the dots on what her plan is, I only see more debt to myself (30 years old) and the future generation.  Oddly enough it's our generation who will vote her into office.

I'm all for better education, and it is said that a majority of a child's education is learned by 3rd grade. Our focus needs to be on early education not college. College is great, don't get me wrong, and I am lucky to have a degree.  But if we can't educate kids young then college is irrelevant.  Our education issue isn't college it's elementary.  It's families not teaching kids importance of school.  

Anyway, I am not picking on Hillary and not trump. I am picking on Hillary because she is clearly the more likely to be elected.  I am not happy about that, and I wouldn't necessarily be happy with trump either.  

I graduated from college 25 years ago. Private college. $48,000 for all four years. I paid back one small and one large loan. The small one in three years. The big one in ten.

There are a MULTITUDE of reasons college debt is as bad as it is. One is government money in the first place. Any significant change will require more pain than I think anyone is willing to go through to make it happen.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live Presidential Debate Reactions - GMDino - 10-20-2016, 10:00 AM