Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure I want to make the playoffs
Look, I'm a die hard fan and I have ALWAYS hated people who even HINTED that they wanted the team to lose. With that said, I'm fed up with Marvin Lewis as head coach. I love what he's done for the Bengals and I think he's a tremendous judge of talent , but I'm done. I'm tired of his coaching not to lose mentality. I'm tired of his conservative approach and his insistence on doing things the way everyone else supposedly does. I'm tired of his stubborness and constant refusal to make changes until past the time they were necessary.

Admittedly, I wanted him gone after 2010 as well and I admit that I was glad he stayed on for the next 5 seasons. But, I'm done. I want a new head coach. I want a no nonsense, in your face kind of coach. I want someone who will either get a guy like Burfict under control or send him packing. I want a guy who will pull out ALL the stops when down by 3 TDs or more. I want someone who'll get in the refs face when they make a bad call.

I am fully aware that this rainbow unicorn of a coach may not exist and even if he did, there's no certainty we'd be the team that gets him, but I'm tired of this team making the same mistakes week after week. I'm tired of doubting if we'll even beat a team like the Browns.

Maybe I'm being a tad melodramatic, but I can't help but wonder, if the best thing for the future of this team is to have a losing season and hoping that Brown or Katie either fires Lewis or Lewis decides to retire.

I'm not there, yet. I still hold out hope that we'll turn things around and go on a run and sneak into the playoffs, but there's a growing part of me that thinks otherwise.

Make no mistake, fred, I'm not saying Lewis is a bad coach. But, I do believe he's done all he can with this team and it's time for him to move on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Not sure I want to make the playoffs - PhilHos - 10-20-2016, 01:05 PM