Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn’t Melania Trump responsible for her husband?
(10-20-2016, 02:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: At least one was filed well before he ran for president.  

As to the rest, maybe when the guy who did it comes out talking about how he would do it and get away with it...then says he never did it...maybe that makes someone angry enough to finally open up?

Maybe. But, it's also just as likely that these women want Hillary elected, too and they're taking advantage of an opportunity.

(10-20-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And then once one comes out, more will follow suit because it gives them strength to do so.

But that also goes both ways. Once one comes out, others may decide to take it upon themselves to "destroy" Trump but not because he did anything to them.

(10-20-2016, 03:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Bill Cosby is the most recent example of this.

Does that mean ALL of them are legit?  Maybe not.  But that also does not mean they are ALL liars either.

I'm not saying ANY of the accusers are liars. I am, however, saying it's highly suspicious that they wait until about a month before the election before coming forward. The thing with Cosby is that only a relative few have come forward recently. Many of his accusers have accused him long before recently. It's just they weren't in the public eye for a variety of reasons.

(10-20-2016, 04:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The majority of sexual assaults aren't reported. Ever. Did you read the article I pasted?  It is common for victims to not report sexual assault for years, even decades. One of the main reasons sexual assault isn't reported is because the victim fears they won't be believed. Another, it is usually a "he said, she said" situation which is very difficult to prove. See Roger Ailes and the treatment Gretchen Carlson received before Ailes was forced to resign. 

If the victim doesn't report sexual assault immediately, which happens the majority of the time, when is the timing not suspect?

To me, it's different when the person being accused is a politician in the middle of an election campaign. If we're talking about a celebrity or an elected official not in a campaign, the issue of timing is somewhat mitigated by the fact that the accusee is in a position of wealth and authority giving credence to the accuser's fears for coming forward. 

So, had these women came forward during the primaries or earlier, the timing, while suspect, would not be as huge a factor because Trump is a wealthy man and could certainly make things difficult for any accuser. 

It is interesting to note how many who "believe" these Trump accusers are also the same who defend Bill Clinton. And yes, it's also interesting, though to a lesser degree (simply due to the current climate), that there are those that defend Trump but believe Slick Willie's accusers. 
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why isn’t Melania Trump responsible for her husband? - PhilHos - 10-21-2016, 12:11 PM