Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(07-15-2015, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: One of my right wing friends (and I do have them) was arguing about "corporate greed" with me a couple weeks ago and demanded I tell him what country has done better than America and its capitalism.

I argued that America and capitalism is NOT the problem.  Greed is.  America did great for a long time in allowing everyone (most) to grow together.  Then for the last 30+ years we turned to profit over people and "trickle down" and killed ourselves as a nation.  Even he agreed there is a difference between working hard and making as much as you can and "greed" that puts other people out so you can make more.

Exactly right.  I am what you would call a "moderate", I guess.  I am a registered independent (and damn proud of that fact), and have only voted for duopoly of corruption candidate once in my entire voting career.  I see the good and bad in "both" sides.

That said, if anyone can't see that trickle down is a farce.....I've got some ocean front vistas in Butte I'd like to discuss with them.  Sight unseen, of course.

(BTW, Germany protects its workers, and last I saw, they were several spots ahead of us in the world economy Wink )

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-15-2015, 02:44 PM