Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes
(07-15-2015, 01:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: To be honest.... there are a lot of people in my area who are the "baller" welfare people.
I'm not sure how they go about it, but they have the latest iPhone and drive Caddys and such.
What baffles me is that I know of one 19 year old (no children) who COULD work, but doesn't, and only has to pay $18 for one months rent in government subsidized housing.
I also know people who work for $12/hour that are in poverty, who can get no help.
It's no wonder why people give up and take the easy route.
So, what do we do ?
I think we need to make the assistance program a little more restrictive and add a small amount to the minimum wage to close the gap between the working poor and the people "ballin".
I'd really like to see assistance programs tied more into education and training programs, but it would take someone brighter than I to develop such a thing.

I would about bet you dollars to donuts that the ballers are peddling drugs on the side.  I've seen that from neighbors I had during my college years.  It used to piss me off so bad, come home from class to get ready for WORK.....barely affording balogna...while my neighbor was grillin' steaks from his EBT card.  He was rollin' a Caddy, I was ridin' in a multi colored Civic CRX. He was constantly in and out....as well as regular visits from the same cars over and over.  Still get pissed off thinking about that.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Supporters and Bad Memes - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-15-2015, 02:57 PM