Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Coaches and Players on the Defense
Guenther:

“It’s part of what I was explaining to you, not only with the new coaches,” Guenther said. “I can't say to the new coaches, 'Hey, remember two years ago against Carolina and they were doing this and these were the adjustments we made' -- because they haven't been here. So it's all part of building that up, along with the new players. Shawn and Margus and Will Clarke to a certain extent is playing a lot in there, Karlos Dansby's a new player for us. So there's a lot of moving pieces in there that each and every week you hope that they can gain the knowledge of the system.”

“I don't like where our numbers are right now. But it's our doing. A lot of the plays that we've given up have been our error,” Guenther said. “It's just little, simple things like that that I can't account for as a coach because you've gone over it in practice.”

“They have to play great for us. Just like any other good team,” Guenther said. “If Tom Brady has an off day, they’re probably not going to win. If Ben Roethlisberger has an off day they’re probably not going to win. Our great players have to play great all the time. Against good offenses if you give up one or two plays, that’s it.”

“We’re a tick off from where we were last year,” Guenther said. “We had a couple of these games a year ago where they had some yardage on us but when they got it in the red zone we toughened up. I think if we continue to move in that direction, we’ll be back. At the end of the year we’ll be right where we were a year ago. We’re just doing it the hard way this year.”

Vinny Rey:

“This is Karlos’ first year with us. Vontaze missed the first three games when he wasn’t even in the building,” Rey said. “We’ve had a bit of a tough schedule. We’re veterans, but we’ve had some new guys in there. I think we’re getting better. If not, we better be.

“Darrin said something that I think applies to the whole team,” Rey said. “We can’t get better at everything all at once. But each of us has to get better at something specific and make a conscious effort to get better at it in practice.”

Comments??
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Coaches and Players on the Defense - bengalguy71 - 10-26-2016, 06:38 PM