Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/25/politics/trump-obamacare-employees/

Quote:Doral, Florida (CNN) Donald Trump claimed Tuesday during an event with staff at his resort here that his employees are having issues with Obamacare -- an account contradicted by his property's general manager -- amid the news that President Barack Obama's signature health care legislation is facing soaring premiums.

"I can say that all of my employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare," Trump said. "What they're going through with their health care is horrible because of Obamacare, so we'll repeal it and replace it."

The Republican presidential nominee's comments come one day after a government report revealed premiums are set to rise an average of 22% for the benchmark silver place in 2017. The benchmark Obamacare plan will cost an average of $296 a month next year.

Trump's comments sparked questions about whether his employees receive insurance through the health insurance exchanges set up under Obama's signature law, which would mean he does not offer private health insurance to those employees.

Asked by a reporter after the event whether his employees have health care coverage through Obamacare, Trump replied: "Some of them. Most of them, no."

Clarifying Trump's remarks, the general manager of Trump's property in Doral, David Feder, said "99% of our employees are insured through our hotel."

"Over 90%, without a doubt," he added.

So is Trump a liar or just grossly misinformed about his own business? 

Messages In This Thread
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-26-2016, 07:34 PM