Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody been called for a poll?
I've never been privy to a pollster calling me. I do, however, understand the methodology. I do think they are as accurate as they can be, but that is always subject to error. It's a part of statistics. They don't hide that there is a chance for error. I usually look into the Real Clear Politics numbers as they take an aggregate. There are others that do as well, 270towin.com does a pretty good interactive map based on averages of polls, and, believe it or not, ESPN's site fivethirtyeight.com has some good stuff as well.

The key is that an individual poll isn't providing you all of the information. You look at trends, you look at who is being polled, and where. This is why we see so many of these polls taking place in an election cycle, because that's what they are looking at, not the results from the individual polls. At least that is what those who understand the nature of these things are looking at.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
Anybody been called for a poll? - Cure4CF - 10-27-2016, 12:00 AM
RE: Anybody been called for a poll? - Belsnickel - 10-27-2016, 06:33 AM