Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals primed and ready for a huge win streak
(10-27-2016, 10:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think this week tells us a lot about this team.  If they are able to get to .500 going into the bye then the season starts to look a lot better.  If they lose, they are at 3-5 traveling to the Giants after the bye.  And we all know Marvin led teams don't perform that well coming out of the bye.  3-6 and this season is done.

I get the argument that we played some of the best teams in the league, but that is exactly who we would face in the playoffs.  It is also the result of having a first place schedule.  If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  Or at least be competitive... this team lucked out (two missed kicks) and beat the 2-5 Jets, as well as the two worst teams in the league.  Against better competition, they have not looked good.  In addition to Pittsburgh once and Baltimore twice they play the Giants, Bills, Eagles, and Texans.  The schedule after the bye is not some cake walk that they are going to demolish week in and week out...

We are 3-2 coming off the bye with Dalton and one of the losses was @NE. We won't lose to the Giants.

We were playing the best teams at their place with a team that wasn't gelling yet and missing some of their best players. If the schedule went in a reverse order we would have had a better record for the season. The only game that wasn't close was the Cowboys game, and they are a horrible matchup for us.

We didn't get lucky vs the Jets. We blocked their FG. They haven't looked that good, but we played them when they had all of their weapons, and our OL looked the worst it has all season. Of we played them again I don't even think it's a close game.

The only team im nervous about the rest of the schedule is Pittsburgh, and I don't think they sweep us. Baltimore just lost to the Jets and they don't look good at all. I'm not afraid of the Giants, Bills or Eagles either. The Texans don't have JJ Watt, and I don't think they have even looked good this year. The rest of the year is a cake walk. I will be surprised if we lose 2 games the rest of the season, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we won out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals primed and ready for a huge win streak - Brownshoe - 10-27-2016, 11:18 AM