Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals primed and ready for a huge win streak
(10-27-2016, 10:59 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think this week tells us a lot about this team.  If they are able to get to .500 going into the bye then the season starts to look a lot better.  If they lose, they are at 3-5 traveling to the Giants after the bye.  And we all know Marvin led teams don't perform that well coming out of the bye.  3-6 and this season is done.

I get the argument that we played some of the best teams in the league, but that is exactly who we would face in the playoffs.  It is also the result of having a first place schedule.  If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.  Or at least be competitive... this team lucked out (two missed kicks) and beat the 2-5 Jets, as well as the two worst teams in the league.  Against better competition, they have not looked good.  In addition to Pittsburgh once and Baltimore twice they play the Giants, Bills, Eagles, and Texans.  The schedule after the bye is not some cake walk that they are going to demolish week in and week out...

Agree,

This team except for a handful of drives on offense, (Andy to AJ) and a handful of defensive series has in no way shape or form looked like a playoff team. Like you say we've barley beat two of the cellar dwellers and should have lost to another lower level team.

Our numbers on O look good on paper but we ain't scoring. We're awful in the red zone, we can't sustain drives because we can't run the ball. We're horrible on 1st down. Our defense is not on the same page way to often. We get gashed against the run, our D-line can't get pressure on any kind of a regular bais. We continue to run a horrible RT out there. The list goes on and on.

We've been unable to muster anything or stop anything against the better teams we've played. One could go on and on. I've seen basically nothing to indicate we're going to go on a run.

Keep drinking the kool-aid though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals primed and ready for a huge win streak - bengalfan74 - 10-27-2016, 11:22 AM