Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to break up the two party system?
(10-27-2016, 11:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Who says it has to be a 3rd party? Maybe we just do away with all parties? Open up elections to whomever applies? Or maybe have a multiple party system wherein to be a "party" in politics, one has to file paperwork and have a set number of members and then we just allow as many parties as we want?

I'm just spitballing, but I don't think just having a 3rd party is going to do anything except just have 3 groups of politicians and supporters who irrationally hate each other.

That comes down to money.

You can run for president. Nothing is stopping you. But to get your name out, to get placed on the ballot in every state, to have any realistic chance, you'd have to been insanely wealthy. The party system allows anyone to have support of  the collective, and their donations (which naturally leads to back scratching and corruption).

As far as the OP, talk to people. That's how you make a change. Support candidates instead of parties. I'm amazed daily at how many intelligent people I talk to have no idea that there's usually more than two options for an office. But they don't know because they're told there's only two options.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to break up the two party system? - Benton - 10-27-2016, 12:05 PM