Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI to re-open Email Investigation
(10-28-2016, 09:54 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Did I hear correctly that Hillary did a press conference to address this? She hasn't done a press conference her whole campaign so that's some heavy duty damage control if it's true.

Yep.  Saying to tell the country quickly what they found is clearly out of some kind of "damage control" due to it being bad.  Mellow

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/28/politics/fbi-reviewing-new-emails-in-clinton-probe-director-tells-senate-judiciary-committee/index.html

Quote:"Voting is underway, so the American people deserve to get the full and complete facts immediately," Clinton said at a brief news conference in Des Moines, Iowa, adding it was "imperative that the bureau explain this issue in question, whatever it is, without any delay."

Clinton said she was "confident whatever (the emails) are will not change the conclusion reached in July," when Comey said he wouldn't recommend criminal charges in the matter.

Meanwhile wannabe POTUS show further lack of understanding:

Quote:Republican nominee Donald Trump, who has spent the past several weeks on defense, seized on the issue.

"Hillary Clinton's corruption is on a scale we've never seen before," Trump said at a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire. 
"We must not let her take her criminal scheme into the Oval Office."

Hillary Clinton's email controversy, explained

He later responded to Clinton's statement, saying she "tried to politicize the investigation by attacking and falsely accusing the FBI director of only sending the letter to Republicans."

Also from the same article:

Quote:Lynch and Yates objected after Comey gave advance notice to top officials at the Justice Department before sending the letter to lawmakers, law enforcement officials briefed on the matter said. Justice officials didn't sign off on Comey's decision and he didn't seek their approval, one official said.

Instead, he made an independent decision to go against longstanding Justice Department and FBI practice to not comment publicly about politically sensitive investigations within 60 days of an election, the official said.

Comey later explained his decision to provide Congress with the information in a letter to FBI employees.

"We don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed," Comey said. "I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

Sounds like someone recognizes the circus that the GOP makes out of every perceived "cover up" so he went against usual procedure and informed them....and they went out and made more of a deal out of it that it probably is.

Quote:The FBI chief felt he had no choice but to tell Congress now or risk being accused of hiding relevant information before the election, law enforcement officials said in explaining the timing. The letter was "carefully worded," one of the officials said.

The news united Republicans who have spent the past several weeks grappling with Trump's controversies. Speaker Paul Ryan jumped on Comey's announcement to blast Clinton.

Trump's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, tweeted after the news broke, "A great day in our campaign just got even better."

Ryan said Clinton betrayed Americans' trust for handling "the nation's most important secrets."

"This decision, long overdue, is the result of her reckless use of a private email server, and her refusal to be forthcoming with federal investigators," Ryan said in a statement. "I renew my call for the Director of National Intelligence to suspend all classified briefings for Secretary Clinton until this matter is fully resolved."

I'm stunned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI to re-open Email Investigation - GMDino - 10-29-2016, 12:52 PM