Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Presidential Debate Reactions
(10-27-2016, 07:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  SOS now, she did recommend to Obama that we go after Libya, and as usual, we made the situation worse and gave ISIL a new breeding ground because like with Iraq and Afghanistan, we had little to no after war plan, which you would've thought that we had already learned that lesson. We tried to mess around with Ukraine, and that one backfired on us, now we are after Syria as well, and again, Russia is backing the other side. If we blunder this one up, we could end up in an all out war against Russia, and I'd put money down on it that Hillary would lead us there, if she wins POTUS.

Now if Trump wins, he has no skin in the game for Syria, so I'm sure he'd rather save lives and face for America by backing out and letting Russia deal with the after war plan (that's how I see it unfolding).

This thread is already kind of complicated, but I wanted to chime in on one point.

Hillary pushed the Libya bombing for sure, but there is no reason to suppose that the US "made the situation worse" by saving Libyan lives. That did make the US a lot of friends there, and allowing Gadhafi to hang on was a plus for ISIS and Al Qaeda. The "breeding ground" was already there, thanks to Gadhafi and would have been much worse by the time he was finally ousted. The difficulty in rebuilding there has been that once the state was broken, control of regions went back to tribal affiliations who still have difficulty working together.  Right now, though, it looks like the two largest factions, the Tobruk government and the General National Congress, are working ever more closely together. They have had a cease fire for over a year. The mujahedeen radicals only control a few militias and little territory. As of now, the place is not like Syria, and not the "disastuh" as Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live Presidential Debate Reactions - Dill - 10-29-2016, 10:31 PM