Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Presidential Debate Reactions
(10-27-2016, 07:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now if Trump wins, he has no skin in the game for Syria, so I'm sure he'd rather save lives and face for America by backing out and letting Russia deal with the after war plan (that's how I see it unfolding).

Now back to your bombing the shit out of them right now stupid question.
Are we bombing the shit out of them right now? Hopefully. My point is, much of this could have been avoided if we had handled it better. Libya, Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan are breeding grounds now for ISIL. Great Job with your foreign policy US of A.

Regime change without nation building makes for broken states. George W. has made that very clear now, though his refusal to take nation building seriously in A-stan and Iraq has led conservatives to misread his disastrous inattention as just more nation building.

If Trump wins the election, what sort of policy could he pursue in Syria?

He doesn't believe in nation building. Assuming he could somehow destroy Al Raqqa without getting into an air war with Russia and Assad, why would Putin take care of rebuilding Syria after Trump gets out? How would the US "save face" by backing out of the mess?

And if no one rebuilds Syria, then we still have a broken state, a place for ISIS/AL NUSRA/Al Qaeda to reform in an even more virulent form. Unlikely they will view Russia as their number one enemy. 

Take out Al Qaeda--> take out Saddam--> take out ISIS --> Watch this space.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Live Presidential Debate Reactions - Dill - 10-29-2016, 10:45 PM