Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How come we can't find Linebackers who can rush the QB?
Like others have posted it's more scheme related 4-3 relies heavy on getting pressure from the front four but are d-line is struggling to do that and the only LB who can get to the qb is Burfict. In today's pass happy league you need 3 down athletic linebackers who can cover which we don't have besides Burfict who looks slow this year. We have struggled under Lewis to draft good line backers the best two we've had under his tenure were Thurman and Burfict who both had their issues with personal conduct one with off the filed problems in Thurman and on the field problems with Burfict. Keith Rivers was our highest pick at the position and we all know how that turned out. We've signed ageing vets the last few years as band aid solutions , Manny Lawson, AJ Hawk, James Harrison , Dansby. Hopefully the Virgil pick works out. P.J. Dawson was a guy I had hopes for as a 3 down productive line backer but the guy can't even make the 53 and beat out are current lbs which is sad. My off season wish list is that we sign Jamie Collins from the pats big athletic 3 down backer who can pass rush , I know it won't happen but think he would be a good fit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How come we can't find Linebackers who can rush the QB? - lone bengal - 10-31-2016, 08:51 AM