Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building Through the Draft - Defense
(10-31-2016, 11:06 AM)NKYRob Wrote: It's impossible to know since we don't really see them on the field.  Coaches certainly have a greater comfort level with the vets since they know the system and the assignments and have the experience.  Unfortunately for the young guys, they seem to get caught in a negative feedback loop that goes like this:

I can't get on the field because I don't have experience.
I don't have experience because I can't get on the field.  

This is the worrying thing for me about the recent defensive draftees...in some cases we're talking about guys who are 3-4 years in.

Do we really know that Hunt is going to develop and become a starter?  Is Dennard ever going to be a quality replacement for Jones or DreK?  Dawson...i guess we're assuming he's probably never going to make it?  

On one hand i want to have faith that the coaches/front office have drafted well and obviously know more than us ...on the other hand you look at the guys who are now finally getting extended play and they are not performing at the same level as their predecessors.

I'd like to think it will happen but then i think about someone like Tyler Eifert or Gio Bernard who right away  looked like they belonged on an NFL field and were making an impact.  If we are waiting this long for the defensive draftees to do the same then maybe its just not there to being with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building Through the Draft - Defense - sonofstat - 10-31-2016, 11:57 AM