Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think a lot of you over estimate and over value just how much the Bengals care
(10-31-2016, 03:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: or how much most athletes/teams care in general.

I keep seeing people talking about discipline, character, fire, passion, etc. and I just dont think that stuff resonates with a lot of the athletes out there as much as it does with the fans.

Fans are emotionally invested in their teams. They look at the team as a representation of their city and themselves. Most of the athletes in pro sports never grew up cheering or rooting for the team they are currently on and dont share that passion that the fans have.

Sure, athletes are competitive and they want to win but I just dont think they share in that same passion about their team that the fans share. They try their hardest, get their check, and if they win...great, if they lose...they move on with their lives.

A friend of mine does some work for the Bengals and travels with them for most of their games. I asked him what it was like after the Dallas loss, how the mood was on the plane ride home after they got their butts kicked. He responded "just another game".

Obviously players would rather win games than lose games, but I dont think they lose too much sleep over it.

Money has taken away so much from professional sports.  I think the desire to be the best Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ali, all this is gone.  It is gone sad to say...  but True.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think a lot of you over estimate and over value just how much the Bengals care - Marlon23 - 10-31-2016, 09:39 PM