Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOUTS to take up transgender issue
(11-01-2016, 10:19 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'd recommend reading some of these trans-inclusion laws. They require the person to have a legitimate, public gender identity. This does allow room for the government to say "No, you're not really trans".

Sports are handled by jurisdiction, but to get you an idea of how this isn't just a choosing your gender on a whim, the NCAA allows trans students to play the sport of the gender they identify as, however, this is only after they start hormone treatment. For MTF, they have to have undergone hormone therapy for one year. 

That said, even if you have to do hormone treatment, it doesn't change the body structure differences. LeBron James on hormone treatment would still easily score 50+ points a game in the WNBA.

I am with Fred with what he said. I have absolutely no problem with anything that anyone chooses to do/believe, so long as it doesn't start to infringe upon other people's rights.

(Things also start getting more complicated when you start including the military into it, too.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOUTS to take up transgender issue - TheLeonardLeap - 11-01-2016, 02:48 PM