Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
(11-01-2016, 01:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I seriously know very little about my health insurance. I do know that my premiums went up after it went into effect. So, in that sense, I have A problem with Obamacare. But, outside of that, I don't know what other effects, if any, Obamacare has on my insurance thus I cannot honestly say I have a tremendous problem with it.

Mind telling me how this has anything to do with Trump's statements on his employees' feelings towards Obamacare or the article discussing such?

Trump didn't comment on his employee's "feelings."  Trump stated all of them have a tremendous problem with Obamacare.  He never stated what that tremendous problem is.  How can anyone disprove the problem is a tremendous problem when no one knows what the problem is in order to disprove it?  The obvious answer is the tremendous problem can't be disproven because he never stated what the problem is.

Reminds me of a patient who I saw requesting a prescription for her "colitis."  She couldn't tell me what type of colitis she had or the name of the prescription she used in the past and wanted me to refill.  Her friend chimed in, "She can't see her doctor because of Obamacare."  That's an example of a tremendous problem.  I checked her chart and she has an employer sponsored Humana HMO policy.  She didn't have an Obamacare policy. 

I asked, "What did your doctor tell you."

She answered, "I called my gastroenterologist and they told me I needed a referral."

Yeah, she needed a referral from her PCP because she has an HMO policy and it had been more than 3 years since she had seen her gastro so the insurance company requires a pre-authroization for referrals which can only come from her PCP.  None of that crap has anything to do with Obamacare.  It took less than a minute to disprove she had a tremendous problem with Obamacare and to explain her problem was standard practice among health insurance companies.  

My homeowner's and auto insurance premiums went up.  Thanks, Obamacare for increasing my premiums!  In the two decades prior to Obamacare, health insurance premiums increased approximately 200% while employer contributions decreased 50%.  For example; if a plan's premium was $100/month the employer would contribute $50/month and the employee would contribute $50/month.  With a 200% increase in price that same plan would now cost $300/month.  With the 50% reduction in employer contributions, the employer would contribute $75/month and the employee would contribute $225/month.  This means the employee would pay 350% more for the same policy and none of that has a damn thing to do with Obamacare.

So your premiums went up, my premiums went down for the past three years . . . and it doesn't have anything to do with Obamacare.  If the usual premium increases were increasing at an increased rate then Obamacare would probably be contributing to the increased rate increases.  But, so far, the data isn't showing that happening.  Blaming the increased premiums for your health insurance on Obamacare is like me blaming the increase in my auto insurance premiums on Obamacare.

You don't have a tremendous problem with Obamacare, I don't, Sunset doesn't, bfine doesn't, and no one else in this thread has a tremendous problem with it.  Not all of the Salvation Army's employees have a tremendous problem with Obamacare since you, at least, don't have a tremendous problem with Obamacare.  Same applies to Sunset's employer, Sunset's wife's employer, bfine's employer, and my employer.  I'm the only one of the aforementioned group that even knows anyone with a tremendous problem with Obamacare and in my experience that is about half a dozen patients out of an estimated 20,000-25,000 patient encounters since Obamacare was first offered.

I didn't ask if the article proved Trump was a liar or uninformed.  I asked if he was.  You can figure that out on your own.  The article doesn't need to do it for you.

In conclusion, do you know why people come to Goodwill?  Because they all have a tremendous problem with the Salvation Army.  Do you think I am a liar or misinformed?  Good luck proving they all don't have a tremendous problem.  Until such time you can prove I'm a liar or misinformed, my statement stands.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-01-2016, 04:12 PM