Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Judge James R. DePiazza Has Bizarre New Wedding Requirement
(07-16-2015, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When he claims that same sex couples are not worthy of equal protection under the law.  

Do you have anything to back this claim except for the fact that you keep saying it?

Here is a quote from the Judge:

Quote:"I went back in forth with it, and I made the decision that, for my constituents, if that is their desire — it doesn't matter to me what a person's sexual preference is, what their sexual orientation is. Regardless, they're a human being and they deserve dignity and respect. If that's the way that they want to live their life, that's between them, their partner and either they believe in their God or not, that's their choice," DePiazza says. 

Offering only the stripped down ceremonies, DePiazza says, allows him to perform the duties required of a justice of the peace without compromising his personal beliefs.
"One of the laws now in Texas is that same-sex couples can now get married. So, if they want me to sign as a witness on their marriage license, that goes nothing against my convictions. That's why I decided to change the vows, not just for same-sex couples but across the board. I would be very uncomfortable because of my convictions saying to somebody 'I now pronounce you husband and husband or wife and wife.' That would've been very difficult for me to do. To honor my authority as a justice of the peace to be a witness to somebody saying they want the rites of marriage in the state of Texas, that's civil law and I have no issue with giving them that."

IF he were to only offer a "stripped down" of his ceremony to SSM then you may have a point. If he were to refuse to conduct SSM ceremonies you may have a point.

The Judge is actually accommodating SSM; yet the usual suspects keep yelling DISCRIMINATION!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas Judge James R. DePiazza Has Bizarre New Wedding Requirement - bfine32 - 07-16-2015, 08:21 PM