Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans against big government
(11-01-2016, 07:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem is that in our current situation there really isn't much room to cut. Our tax revenues would cover all of our mandatory plus roughly have of the discretionary spending as it is. Half of the discretionary is the defense budget. Yeah, we can cut, but we can't reduce our tax revenues significantly without putting ourselves in a worse fiscal situation.

Something a lot of people don't consider when looking at situations in countries like Ireland is that geographically we can't compare them. We would need hundreds of companies to set up hundreds of locations around our country to have the same economic impact because of our geography.

We need some corporate tax reform, but so many companies get by with paying little to no effective tax rate that isn't really a major factor. There is absolutely no corporation paying an effective tax rate of 39.1% in this country. The average effective tax rate is likely around 16%, if that, just base don my experience in corporate tax. Maybe we were better than the average, I don't know, but our effective was around 14.3%, including all of the states we did business in.

I admire you number crunchers for being able to make solid predictions based on statistical analysis.  So, with all of your experiences with Finance, Economy, and Taxation in mind;  Why do you believe that so many companies are relocating outside of the US?  Is it simply cost of labor and regulations, or is there something more that I'm not seeing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans against big government - SunsetBengal - 11-01-2016, 07:13 PM