Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defensive Personnel changes coming?
Yea Vigil was probably a bad name to give as an example. He didn't earn a cult following but he got one on here, he may work out but he's more of an extreme example of change.

We're tossing the same names around, but I'd narrow it down to a few moves like Smith for sure getting more reps at safety. In flashes, he looks less lost. Give me a split second hesitation from a QB in exchange for worrying about Smith getting up to knock a high pass down. Rather than slide Williams over as a NLB, just make him earn reps back in practice and work him back situationally. I agree with seeing more of the NT types taking reps from Peko, maybe it's sold to the old vet as keeping him fresh. They already mix in DE's as UT's in pass reps, but they may gamble with a little more of it. So more of MJ/Clarke/Hunt sharing time between DE and then DT. The pressure would then be on the LB's and even S being able to holdup vs the occasional run.

Regardless of the Bengal way, I'd really push for a trade for a vet pass rushing DE. I don't care if he can't play the run, teams are going to throw incompletions on 2nd down at times so just get me someone you can run onto the field to help Geno and Dunlap for sure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Personnel changes coming? - phil413 - 11-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Defensive Changes coming??? - Sled21 - 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM