Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defensive Personnel changes coming?
(11-01-2016, 09:56 PM)Beaker Wrote: These are basically the same players who held the patriots to six points at our place.

I think people forget we have a new D line coach, new LBs coach and new secondary coaches. The same guys on D line who were getting to the opponent's QB while rushing 4 under Jay Hayes' tutelage are no longer getting there. The same LBs (save Dansby) who were stopping the run under Matt Burke, are now missing tackles under Haslett. The same secondary players who were ball hawking and preventing long plays under Joseph and Carrier are now giving up plays under Coyle. I think it is much more a case of the techniques the new coaches are teaching than all of a sudden the players have forgotten how to cover or make tackles.

But that Patriots game was under Zimmer....

You have to also throw in 2014, which was when Guenther came in. We had the 22nd ranked defense. Were 20th against the pass and run. Ranked dead last in sacks with only 20. Gave up 16 rushing TDs, ranked 27th in the NFL.

2015 was a VERY good year under Guenther. But he struggled his first season with the same position coaches you mentioned that were great, and now he has these new ones. Although, I do believe Haslett would be an improvement, it seems I was wrong in thinking that.

Stats now? Rank 24th in the league in yards per game. Ranked 21st against the pass and 23rd against the run. Giving up 23.6 points per game, ranked 19th in the league, but also tied with the Redskins. Gave up 16 passing TDs, ranking them 28th in the league, tied with the Panthers. Have given up 7 rushing TDs, which is tied for 18th with three other teams.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Personnel changes coming? - wolfkaosaun - 11-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Defensive Changes coming??? - Sled21 - 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM