Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defensive Personnel changes coming?
(11-02-2016, 06:29 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: This team obviously keeps bad players too long. Peko MJ Dansby Mauluga Kirpatrick would never sniff the field for the Patriots.

They've not been bad players. But i would agree under Marv we tend to be too conservative - that includes not playing younger guys earlier which i guess is the flip of keeping under performing guys as starters 

Certainly in the case of Peko , MJ and Rey M its more are the coaches guilty of 'being loyal to a fault'.  

It's harder for those types of players to say they are newbies and do not know what they are doing and don't know the defense. 

So as they are clearly not trying to be bad its more of a case that they are not physically getting it done...so let's see if a younger , faster , hungrier guy can make an impact.

Re: Dansby I really don't put it on him.  He's a 13 year vet who's played a hell of games and we're expecting him to run with these super athletic tight ends - what did we think was going to happen?  The coaches are putting him in that position....yeah you could say that there are no other options but that is still on the coaches too ...Lamur, Flowers, Vigil..if they're not happy then one of these guys should/must be developed. If they can't coach them up then lobby damn harder to draft a Rd1/2 LB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Personnel changes coming? - sonofstat - 11-02-2016, 07:48 AM
Defensive Changes coming??? - Sled21 - 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM