Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad says AJ is the best Bengals WR of all time
(11-03-2016, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought that was already the only one that's retired? I guess it's "unofficially" retired cuz no one ever wears it.

Either way, I agree with you. 78 should be first, although there's at least 5 numbers that should already be retired if Brown had any sense.

78 is "unofficially" retired. We hand it out in preseason sometimes, but that doesn't count. If the player wearing #78 makes it to the regular season, he has to change his number.

7 and 14 were also "unofficially" retired for a while. It's funny to me how we came to giving those numbers out later on. Maurice Purify was the first to get 14 after Anderson retired. That number wasn't handed out until Anderson won a Super Bowl with Pittsburgh as their QB coach in 2008. No one wore 7 after Boomer until Gradkowski in 2011. Of course, entering the 2011 season, Boomer was predicting a 0-16 season and us being in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Seems as if Mikey might takes things a little personal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad says AJ is the best Bengals WR of all time - Bengal Dude - 11-03-2016, 04:41 PM