Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defensive Personnel changes coming?
(11-03-2016, 08:20 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The talent level is not the same for every team. The good teams have way better players than the bad teams. Look at the browns. Their best offensive weapon  is a former qb turned wideout. You cant sit there and say they have the same level of talent as the bengals. It's not even close. I don't care who was coaching the browns that team isn't going to do well because that team lacks talent.

A good coach can make a good player into a great player. He wont make a bad player into a great player. A bad coach will turn a great player into just a good or average player. The talent level on a team is more important than the coaches.  GM's have more impact than coaches do. That includes drafting good players that fit the team system.

Look at the last couple of drafts. They havent been as strong as previous drafts and the bengals are paying the price for it. It looks like we missed on ogbuegi and fischer. It's gotten dalton sacked a lot more than he should be sacked and hurting the offense. No offensive scheme and good coaching can help when your qb is getting pressured 1 second after the snap. Talent matters the most and not every team has the same talent.

False, the Browns have plenty of talent, and had more as recently as this offseason.  They, Hue Jackson and company, decided to throw this season in the tank before it even started.  They have released and traded away talented players, because they want to build a team from the ground, up.

By and large, the talent among NFL teams is relatively equal.  It is the coaching, scheming, and selection of talent that fits the style that you want to run that makes the difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Personnel changes coming? - SunsetBengal - 11-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Defensive Changes coming??? - Sled21 - 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM