Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
(11-03-2016, 06:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: https://www.healthinsurance.org/oklahoma-state-health-insurance-exchange/

BCBSOK will be sole exchange carrier; average rate increase = 76%

Oklahoma uses the federally-facilitated exchange, which means enrollees use Healthcare.gov. There were more than 130,000 people with effectuated coverage through the Oklahoma exchange as of March 2016 — up from 106,392 a year earlier.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma will be the only carrier offering plans in the exchange in 2017, but they already have 95 percent of the exchange market share. BCBSOK revised their individual market rate filing in August 2016, proposing an average rate increase of 76 percent for 2017; state regulators confirmed in October that the 76 percent average rate increase would take effect in January 2017. Oklahoma’s average rate increase for the individual market is by far the highest in the country for 2017.
-------------------------

Better now? That's almost double in one year.
The reason I found out about it, is because one of my friends complained of a 54% increase for the same plan yoy.

Better now?

What is that supposed to mean?

Why are the rates for the individual market increasing? The same reason the rates have increased for employer sponsored plans. 

Where do you work? Macy's?  How many health insurance plans does your employer offer?  Three? Less?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-03-2016, 09:18 PM