Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans against big government
(11-01-2016, 05:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: So NPR did a story just now and they were interviewing people in a town in Ohio.  One recurring theme was the jobs leaving.

They all blamed NAFTA.  (The businesses were leaving before NAFTA too.)

Got me to thinking:

Why do Republicans want government interference in business to force them to stay here or not leave?

One of Trump's promises (Clinton too to an extent) is to "bring the jobs back".  But how?  Force them by changing laws?

Isn't that some those darn "regulations" that the right hates so much?  Isn't that giving government more power over businesses?

Serious question here.  How do you justify wanting government to "get out of the way" so businesses can run along with a desire to have government "do something" to get jobs back in the US?

If you don't know they're irrational people by now, I am sending the guys in the white coats for you...

Reminds me of the great Al Franken line, "Republicans like to say government can't do anything right, and then they get elected and proceed to prove it!"
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Republicans against big government - xxlt - 11-03-2016, 11:43 PM