Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is really up with Huma Abedin?
(11-04-2016, 09:52 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Well no not exactly (discrimination isn't always a bad thing, it depends on how and why it's being used). Just the foreign ones. Trying to contain all potential terrorists in America is impossible, but the impact can be lessened. And just because I feel worried about Jihadist infilitration and would so like our government to be more cautious does not mean I'm intolerant. Way to stretch the argument. I don't hate Muslims. I don't beat Muslims. I don't harrass Muslims. I don't constantly bash their religion much like you do mine. I just can't help but feel cautious when there are multiple terrorist groups threatening Americans and openly saying they will cut off our own Presidents head if given the chance.

Well, what's your plan for suspected jihadist infiltrators like Huma Abedin?

Quote:Persecuted? When did I ever say anything about me being persecuted? You made light of the fact that I asked "What is really up with Abedin" to which I responded "I didn't know that was forbidden". Yeah, I asked "What is up with Abedin". Is that a crime? I'm just confused as to why you needed to point out a question that I asked.

Because the question is ridiculous.  It's so ridiculous I can't tell when you are sarcastic instead of serious.  Abedin was the Chief of Staff for the Secretary of State.  What type of vetting process do you think that involves?

Quote:Yep. I posted those articles for discussion, not as a conclusion. Also, just because Abedin may be considered to have ties with terrorists does not automatically make her a jihadist. If you connected the dots, one could make the argument that the US has "ties" to terrorist groups in the Middle East. Does that mean the US is sympathetic to the Jihadists goal? No it does not. JUst because Abedin may have some sort of "connection" it does not inherently mean she is automatically trying to infiltrate the US government on behalf of terrorists. She could be doing that unknowingly.

I wrote you implied she is a jihadist infiltrator, not that you had concluded she is one.  Now, we are discussing it.

The US undoubtedly has ties to terrorists organizations.  The fight with ISIS is basically a proxy war (with a bunch of other crap mixed in as well) between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shiite Iran arming, funding, and supporting the jihadists on their respective sides of the Islamic schism.  The US has supported both Sunni and Shiite jihadist to combat the other depending upon the balance of power due to unintended consequences.

Explain how someone "unknowingly" infiltrates the US government on behalf of jihadists to overthrow the US government to establish sharia law.  

Quote:Yep, it is. But again, failing to perform your job, and not performing your job for particular reasons are not the same thing.

Failing to competently perform your job is incompentence regardless of the reason.

Quote:Did I say I was an expert? I'm going off of what polls have said. It has been reported that more than half of the Muslims in America would rather be under Sharia Law rather than American Law. More than 60-90% of Muslims in other countries have been reported as stating that Sharia Law should be the law of the land.

I'd like to see those polls.

Quote:Too bad he won't be coming from there or taking any flights.

They could be swimming.

Remind me what part of the world he was born?  The Middle East?

Quote:Persecute? I'm not saying they should be harassed and abused. Good lord.

No, just treated like prisoners.  In the US, if a company says, "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" Christians  complain of a war against Christianity.  Imagine how harrassed and abused they would feel if treated like prisoners like you suggested treating others.

Quote:As far as what this country stands for? That's highly questionable. Too many agendas and back door dealings going on. I stand for freedom, but I also stand for being cautious when it comes to defending our country against those who may have higher chances of causing terrorist acts in our country.

This country is supposed to stand for ideas like life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness-which are human rights, not US rights.  A person's true character is revealed under duress.  We are the defenders of freedom if we aren't actually going to defend freedom when the times comes when our ideas are being tested.  Our ideas are being tested right now.  Not only are your suggestions not in keeping with your faith and the teachings of Jesus, they are un-American.

Quote:I know you didn't I was simply making a statement.

I said early 2000's. So I was right.

I've never claimed to be an expert on ISIS. Your point is irrelevant to the argument. ISIS isn't the only terrorist group in the world. I said "An American general" because that's what came to mind at the time I was typing. I didn't care to type out some feature length novel explaining who and what ISIS is and everyone that has said something about them. I don't get what your obsession is with this.

Again, it is a focus on attention to detail.  Is there any General who didn't think we should take them seriously since we started fighting them in 2003?  Our invasion of Iraq and subsequent post-occupation decisions directly lead to the current ISIS situation.

Quote:I have never claimed I'm being persecuted. And yes, I will complain about ISIS when they're executing thousands of people and committing multiple atrocities. You don't have to have an in depth analysis of an individual or groups past to complain about their present actions.

Who is ISIS executing?  Muslims.  Who is doing the lion's share of the fighting against ISIS?  Muslims.  Why?  Because they don't want to be under the sharia law implemented by ISIS.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is really up with Huma Abedin? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 11-04-2016, 10:45 AM