Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kasich breaks pledge and votes for John McCain
(11-04-2016, 12:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I would like to contribute in a more indepth manner, but you never gave me anything to work with.

The only reason you gave for not wanting these people to be President was their last name.  I'll discuss it more if you explain your position a little better.

It is very common in all types of businesses for children to follow in their parents footsteps and often they are very succesfull.. So I don't know why you are so opposed to people being elected just because of thier last names.

Yes, I heard of a type of government where it worked like that. It was called a Monarchy. As I recall, the US didn't much enjoy it. But we have a Constitution now, you might say. Well then that would still be a Constitutional Monarchy.

Or when it's a web of powerful people trading favors and getting each other into power, it's called an Oligarchy.

Neither are what Democracy is supposed to be. You get a third Bush, then soon enough you'll get a fourth Bush and a fifth. You get a second Clinton, and then once she gets old enough, maybe Chelsea runs for President, using her mother and father's wealth, contacts, and favors they developed from both being President to get into power.

It's a situation just best avoided entirely.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kasich breaks pledge and votes for John McCain - TheLeonardLeap - 11-04-2016, 04:45 PM