CB Darqueze Dennard
S George Iloka
Head Coach Marvin Lewis
OL Coach Paul Alexander
DC Paul Gunther
New Defensive Coaches
Owner Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark?
I only voted on one (didn't have glasses on and didn't see pick three) so I had to think for a while.  The immediate response is Ced, largely because I thought he looked good in limited action last year and I thought he would have added strength in the offseason.  However, I keep reminding myself that it is still very early for him and Fisher.

I wanted to put a lot on a coach, like Coyle.  I hate the scheme.  It sucks.  And, as per usual, no adjustments and it continues to suck.  It might actually suck more, since teams have now seen it and know how to attack it with virtually no risk of turnovers.  

The real winner here has to be Adam Jones.  I loved the guy last year.  Called him the heart and soul of the defense.  Despite his stupid penalty against the steelers, I felt they lost that game because of Marv and Hill's fumble.  He was amazing last year.  So aggressive on short routes, seemingly never got beat deep....he was a Pro Bowl talent, IMHO.  And this year, it appears he finally hit that age where players skills diminish overnight.  He looks slower, less confident, and misses tackles that I never saw him miss before.  

I heard Eric Thomas on the weekly Bengals line radio show last night talk about how Zim and then Vance Joseph would be all over Dre and Jones (and others) on the details of their coverage every snap in practice and he didn't see that at all this spring and summer.  He even used the word lackadaisical.  And now you are seeing the results.  

Honorable Mention:  Geno Atinks, Michael Johnson
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark? - SHRacerX - 11-05-2016, 08:39 AM