Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Racism, With an Island Theme
Was really disappointed that the, "Is the Professor Racist?" thread was not about Gilligan's Island.

Now, as my conservative friends love to point out, "we" all know that "they" think all white people are racist. So, let's go with "their" - we'll call it "logic" - and assume that all white people are racist. So, your task it to rate the people on the Island from most racist to least racist. Person one is the most racist, person seven it the least racist. Your list must have seven, and only seven names on it - the seven castaways on Gilligan's Island.

Here is my list:

1. Mr. Howell
2. The Professor
3. The Skipper
4. Gilligan
5. Mary Ann
6. Ginger
7. Mrs. Howell

Here's the (obvious) reasoning. Mr. Howell is rich, and we all know "they" think the only thing more racist than a white guy is a rich white guy. So, Thurston must be the most racist because he is the richest. His insecurity about his manhood is also a driver of his hatred for all beings dark and large.

Next, the Professor. Of course he is racist (Is the Professor Racist? How could anyone ever answer that "no"?). He is white. He wears all white. He classifies people based on their ethnicity and tribal culture, and clearly thinks the white man is superior by virtue of his white skin, white clothes, and books that classify people using science to defend the hierarchy that has whitey up top.

Next, The Skipper. No black sailors in his Navy. I rest my case.

Next, Gilligan. His defense for his racism: "I was just following the Skipper's orders."

Next, Mary Ann - I know she seems so sweet, but she is from Kansas. Kenneth Korner Kansas, to be exact. She grew up in the heartland of America, in the heart of KKK. She never had a chance. Shame, such a pretty girl too.

Then, Ginger. That hoe would hook up with a brother in a second, and she wouldn't care what filthy names the sailors (Skipper and Gilligan) called her or what the girls or rich racist T. Howell III thought about her either. But, she would hide the relationship from the Professor because he is a racist! And, his scientific mind is very judgmental. Ginger wants to be judged for her sex appeal, not her relationships.

Finally, least racist, Mrs. Howell. All of Thurston's ravings about the Negro being the bane of humanity got her curious. She's got Jungle Fever. Bad. And she's a freak.

What is your list?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
More Racism, With an Island Theme - xxlt - 11-05-2016, 09:31 AM