Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted
(11-05-2016, 08:56 AM)xxlt Wrote: Sadly, a film that could promote dialogue and progress, such as this, often does just the opposite.

In the current climate I can see the film being attacked by numerous people. The message it delivers, no matter how fact based or objectively presented, will trigger an allergic reaction of denial and anger from many. I hope it is objective and fact based. If it isn't, that will just make things worse than they likely will be anyway.

You're right. The discussion of race and how one's life is negatively impacted to be a minority seems to almost trigger a lot of people. I personally think that this Pavlovian-like reaction might be caused by certain types of media and how they shape the narrative for their viewers. That's a whole other discussion though.

The movie is actually on Netflix for those who might be interested in watching it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted - treee - 11-05-2016, 11:39 AM