Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Shouts Over Crowd To Defend Trump Supporter At Rally
(11-04-2016, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Be that as it may, I'd still prefer the POTUS being at his post, ready to meet with his team of advisors, in a potential time of crisis.  I'll not buy any argument that says that he already has things under control, as he has run off more Generals than have possibly had time to gain the experience to replace them.

Sunset, the President "at his post" is not like one guy standing gate guard on a FOB in Afghanistan, so if he takes a few hours off to go back play and video games in his tent, he is leaving the base open to surprise attack.  

The POTUS is more like a Command Sergeant Major who has to make the rounds of all the COPs and FOBs in his sector, as well as all the gates and wire on his main base.   No one thinks the CSM has "abandoned his post" if he is not in his office, and no one thinks he would necessarily manage an attack better from his office. In fact, a CSM who spent all his time in his office ready for an attack with "his team" would be very worrisome.

Presidents do have to travel too, but the job is so much bigger, covers more ground, has more dimensions; they are responsible for the economy and education and agriculture as well as the military and border security. 

In this case, even if he is not on official state business,  I can see why Obama might think that preventing a Trump presidency was an urgent matter for US security.  Most generals would agree.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Obama Shouts Over Crowd To Defend Trump Supporter At Rally - Dill - 11-05-2016, 03:56 PM