CB Darqueze Dennard
S George Iloka
Head Coach Marvin Lewis
OL Coach Paul Alexander
DC Paul Gunther
New Defensive Coaches
Owner Mike Brown
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark?
(11-05-2016, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose if you understand disappointment doesn't mean worst player; it alters your view.

Ced is basically a rookie exterior olineman. I realize they struggle early and didn't really expect much

Burfict we knew was going to miss time. He has came back and been our best LB (not saying much)

I figured age would catch up with Pacman and even suggested keeping Hall over him

So my biggest disappointments:

GEORGE ILOKA- Was one of the more promising young DBs in the league and we rewarded him accordingly. Has really taken a step back this year.

CARLOS DUNLAP- Talked during the off-season how he was going to break the NFL sack record. He currently has 5.

TYLER EIFERT- Figured he'd miss a game or 2. Missed half the season.

Yes, I picked disappointment over worst cause a guy playing just run-of-the-mill okay but not at a level anyone was expecting is worse than not being all that good of a player that is doing what he can. That's why Bodine isn't on the list. He's not a high quality Center, but we all knew that. It's the guys we've expected to do more and just aren't who are creating the disappointment and there's more of those than the guys who are living up to expectations.

I left Gio and Hill off the list because the OL has been so bad. Gio is having a backup's year number wise and unless the OL starts blocking better he could easily end up with fewer than 550 yards rushing which would be his worst year as a pro. But I don't really believe for a minute that either he or Hill aren't doing what they can behind the swiss cheese OL we have.

It's clear to me why Og tops the list. Everyone expected him to be a good OT, so it's been a shocker that he's played very poorly. I know he's young, but this is his second year and he did play some last year. Paul Alexander is an even bigger disappointment in my book because he had to know that Og wasn't ready way back in mini-camp and he also has to know that Winston is just better at this point.

Then there's Marvin Lewis who basically watched all of this go on and all we've heard is that "we have to play better" combined with some giggles and claps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's the biggest disappointment at the half way mark? - BengalChris - 11-05-2016, 07:04 PM