Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could only keep 5 players and 1 coach...
(11-06-2016, 11:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...who are you keeping? Say the NFL held a redraft of all players and the Bengals held the 16th pick. Every team gets to keep 5 players and a coach, but all the players not picked go into the draft pool and all the coaches become free to switch teams. Who are you keeping and why?

Green and Eifert for my first two. When both are on the field and one is double-teamed, the other will produce handily. I just don't see better talent anywhere at their respective positions.

Next I look at Dalton, who has been a winner from day one, though not without going through a learning curve. So, he's human. And one with more than adequate physical and mental attributes to execute well-formed plans as well as making needed adjustments when necessary.

Atkins and Dunlap have to be kept for obvious reasons (to me). More opponents attempt to neutralize them more than any others on our defense. Speaks for itself, I'd say.

The coaching selection is the most difficult for me. Zampese and Urban, coupled with Dalton, Green, and Eifert have the best chance of succeeding over the rest of the staff as I see it now. But the one coach that has to make the best out of the worst is Simmons, who rarely has the luxury of getting one or two starters from the offense or defense to bolster his group into producing effectively. Huber has been very, very good. Adam Jones' returns are no secret. And Dunlap has blocked a couple of kicks....but beyond that his group are players that likely wouldn't be on the team had it not been for Simmons' ability to have them perform with effectiveness, year in and year out. So far 2016 has not been so kind to Simmons however. I give the slight edge to Zampese over Simmons however, mainly because of his longevity with this offense, and because of the numbers it has produced this year in spite of poor OLine play, Eifert's injury, and working in two new receivers. It's too soon to say Zampese won't succeed greatly as he shapes his own offense through the end of his first season as OC.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could only keep 5 players and 1 coach... - wildcats forever - 11-06-2016, 02:20 PM